Thursday 4 June 2015

Pre-teen Heartbreak



So my 11-year-old just had her first heartbreak. Now as her mother my first instinct is to going to kick some butt but I know seeing as he is 11 years old that's not something I can do, so instead it was mummy to the rescue with chocolate ice cream and home-made cupcakes. 
What do you say to your little girl when she feels like her world is falling apart? Her first love. This is difficult for me she's only 11 but to her it was a big thing it was something special. How do I explain to her that everything will be okay and that in a few days time it will be like it never happened without making her "relationship" seems insignificant? How do I explain to her that the hurt she's feeling now will all disappear without making her feelings seem small and unheard? To me she's my baby but to her this is her first love, her first boyfriend, its a big time in her life, my baby girls just had her first heartbreak and as the years go passed I'm sure this is the first of many she's a beautiful young girl and we've got a long road ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment