Friday 1 January 2016

Kids Hard or Easy ??

I get asked this question almost every time I'm out for the day with my kid's somewhere no-one knows us  & regularly get messages on Facebook and instagram so I thought i might as well just  write about it as best i can for you.  I  find it so much easier to just write what i need to say rather than say it out loud sometimes.

So, Is having 6 kids easier or harder than I thought it would be…. hmmmm.  Let me take a minute to think about that one again.
 It's a little bit of BOTH.  As a lot of you know, I was an only child so i kinda always knew that if i had a baby i would have to have at least 2 if i were able to that is. I was always loney as a kid and i have always been head strong on not having an only child myself. I always thought that i kinda drew the short straw on that one and didn't want my kid to feel the same way i did. Don't get me wrong there's absolutely nothing wrong with being or having an only child i just wasn't happy. All my cousins and friends has sibling to hang out with and i felt kinda left out of the loop so to speak.  I knew I always wanted kids.. but I was never around kids all that much only at school, and when my cousins came over so I didn't really know what having a house full of kids was going to be like at all. I never even babysat alone until i was pregnant with my eldest. When I got pregnant with Mollie… I was terrified.  I remember when i saw the positive test, I cried… I looked at my mum and broke down in floods of tears. I was TERRIFIED!!  I had NO IDEA what to expect… I only knew that from that moment on my life was going to be very different than i had planned at that age. I was 19… and I didn't exactly realise just how different at first.
To be completely honest i was lucky i had a supportive family around me, which helped amazingly. I don't mean they helped with looking after Mollie but knowing we had a circle of support around us we could turn to made everything so much easier. I thought I'd loose more sleep but like i said she was a good girl and thankfully she slept through from 7 weeks... I know a blessing right? If only my other babies had been so thoughtful.. Lol. I didn't realise how worried you could be…  I had a big lifestyle change over the course of 7 years, we went from no kids to 7 kids, some have said overnight... No more free time to do what we wanted anytime we wanted to do it.  The complete change in types of decisions that i now had to make went from which club should we try out tonight to when I should ween her onto solids… Should I take her to the doctors with a slight cough or am i over reacting, should I let her cry it out, should I give her Calpol or not. Am i good enough for this job? All that stuff was so new and different… and that's what made it hard.
BUT…… 
When I had Mollie and then my following 5 babies I realised how the moment they were each born i just instinctively knew EVERYTHING i needed to know in that moment and the rest i would learn along with them as the years passed. It all came to me out of instinct.  I can read and understand my kids better than ANYONE.

To be perfectly honest having the 6 is no-more harder than having 3-4. Not for us anyway, after having our first 3 it really did get easier...Whats another 3 right? Lol. Expense wise its ridiculously expensive but having kids always is right ?

How did you feel when you first had your kids ? Was it easier or harder than you had expected it to be?





No comments:

Post a Comment