Monday 11 May 2015

Mummy's on a Budget: MAKEUP!


 

Hey Guys 
Like i said in a previous post i wanna change the blog up a bit and do my posts on subjects that actually affect me and with having kids and wanting to still feel and look good affording makeup can be difficult at times, so i wanna do some posts on budgeting for mummy items..
I'm not gonna lie i got into makeup years ago way before i started college and way before i had kids so my collection is a fair size compared to some but still reasonably small compared to some other bloggers. When i started collecting makeup i thought i had to have the higher end brands such as MAC, URBAN DECAY all these brands that cost a fortune. So i poured my money into them just to be like other bloggers, you tubers and such without realising until much later on and a whole lot of £'s spent that it doesn't matter which brand of makeup you buy either you can do makeup well or you cant & when i started doing makeup OMG  i was horrible at it, my blending was horrible my eyeliner was never on point (i still have trouble with this now...Shh don't tell anyone) It took a lot of practise to get where i am now with applying makeup and 2 years at beauty college and i still think that as time goes on i will get better and learn more, you can never know to much and you can never know it all as styles and fashions change everyday.
So you DO NOT have to spend tonnes of money on MAC brushes and tonnes of money on MAC products or the latest NAKED pallet. I'm gonna share just a few products that are really good that i like to use.. The most expensive items i think to buy are Foundation and Mascara heres mu current faves..

As far as foundation I'm using Rimmel Wake Me Up its very lightweight yet still for me has good coverage i use a sponge to apply as i think it settles better that way for my skin.
I never really spend a lot of money on mascara i haven't yet found a high end mascara that i like, i always tend to stick with the cheaper brands or which ever ones are on some sort of offer. The one I'm using now is Rimmel Kate Scandaleyes Rockin Curves in Jet Black


So ladies don't think that you have to use high end makeup to get fabulous makeup you can save tonnes of money and shop at boots superdrug i even buy some of my makeup on Amazon and recently i have discovered Amazon.com the American Amazon site and be honest sometimes it works out cheaper to buy from there and have the item shipped over and still save money than it would to buy in store in the UK and its always nice to have a few items that we cant ready get hold of over here as well. 










No comments:

Post a Comment